CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

108 Days to Go!



Yes, I'm counting down the days! Jason actually bought me a calendar for Christmas this past year, and I wrote down the number of days left until the Wedding on every single day.

Well I realize it's been quite a while since my last post. I know, I know. Shame on me. But, those of you who have ventured down the blissful road of nuptual planning know how busy (aka CRAZY) life can become. On top of wedding planning, I was taking classes towards my master's degree, teaching full-time, and chairing our graduation committee at work. Things are finally beginning to settle down a bit, and while I'm furiously busy planning and sorting out all of the teeny-tiny details of this wedding, I figured I should take a minute to let everyone know what's going on.

My invitations are FINISHED and beautiful. Thanks to some advice from friends, I checked out Ollie's selection of wedding invitations and found the PERFECT invitations. They were even better than I could've imagined. AND, to top it all off... I got all of my invitations for UNDER $30. How crazy is that!?

The bridesmaids dresses are in and BEAUTIFUL! I love the richness of the color. I'm so excited to see my girls in their dresses. I'm going shopping with my flower girls tomorrow for their dresses, and it's going to be a blast.

I had my first fitting last night for my bridal gown. So far, I'm going to need the straps shortened (I have a short torso), my waist taken in (because I've lost some weight... woohoo!), and my hem shortened (I totally expected that one). At my next fitting in August, Brenda (my seamstress) is going to pin the bustle. She wants to be sure the hem looks alright first before she does the bustle. I love my dress so much... I can't wait for the day when I don't have to take it off after a few minutes!!!

Well, here are a few wedding-related photos for you to savor for a bit. Here's a picture of my engagement ring, with my wedding band wrap.
My flower girls were fitted for their gowns this past weekend, also. Here's some pictures of our shopping experience!




1 comments:

deb mills said...

i enjoyed reading your blog, kristin. everything is going to be wonderfully beautiful! i'll pray for peace and energy for you in the days until the wedding, lol!