CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

...And the REALITY sets in.

My FMIL (future Mother in Law) invited me to go along with her to a wedding being held at Antrim Brethren in Christ, the same church where Jason and I will be getting married in 8 months and 29 days. ...but who's counting *wink wink*

I walked into the church, immediately sensing the excitment and anticipation in the air. We walked into the sancutary and the beauty of the moment was very overwhelming. There were candleabras at the end of each pew, and there were large candleabras in the front of the church on the sides of the communion table where the unity candle sits. As we were seated and I began reading over the program, I realized that there is so much left to plan and arrange... and it REALLY stressed me out!

As the music played and the attendants came down the aisle, I caught the look on the groom's face as he smiled at each girl coming down the aisle. I could just picture Jason up there, smiling at my cousins and friends as they were coming down the aisle. And when the triumphant music began and everyone stood as the bride came down the aisle with her father, I admit that I became quite tearful (even though I don't even know the couple). I feel like the most emotional part (and most awesome part) of my wedding day will be my Daddy walking me down the aisle... and that moment when Jason and I see each other for the first time that day. I think I might be a bit emotional once I get to the alter... but I think that once Jason takes my hand, I'll be fine...

Anyways, this whole experience was eye-opening... kind of like looking into a crystal ball and seeing what our day will be like! I'm glad I went along because now I know that there are a few other things that I need to add to my ever-growing list of things to do :)

That's all for now.
kms

0 comments: