CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Plans in bloom!

Over the weekend, I stopped by a small floral shop in Greencastle just to get a ballpark idea of what to expect for flower prices. The owner of the shop pulled out a catalog book for me to look through of pictures of bouquets, with price stickers indicating the fortune that they cost. I, being as naive as can be, was only hoping to spend $500 on flowers. Boy was I underestimating the cost of flowers!

I had an appointment this evening with the owner of Roostervane Gardens in Funkstown. I personally prefer doing business with this shop because the work is always beautiful and creative. I immediately sensed a warmth from Denny (the owner) that I hadn't sensed at the other shop. He sat down with me, took meticulous notes of what I wanted. As I was talking about the colors and flowers I was envisioning, he would run downstairs to his shop and bring back flowers for me to look at the fit with the theme I was discussing. In the end, he had a small pile of flowers that represent >those that'll be used in my bouquets and arrangements. I asked him if I could buy the sample flowers from him, and he insisted upon giving them to me instead. My cascading bouquet will be the ivory roses (Eskimo Roses) with freesia and other white/ivory flowers, and ivy. My girls will be carrying bouquets with the flowers found in the picture (Eskimo roses, mango calla lilies, red and orange alstromerias, freesia, pyrnicum berries and other flowers). My flower girls will carry kissing balls of the same flowers. I'm really excited about the colors and the flowers, and my souvenir bouquet that he gave me. I'm not sure how much it's all going to cost yet, but Denny's going to mail us a proposal. For each item, he's going to provide 3 different prices (high, medium, and low). The higher price will be for bigger bouquets and the lower price for smaller bouquets. So, from that list, I'll chose the bouquet sizes that will best fit my budget.




I'm going to look at invitations this weekend, and I'll let you know how that goes!

Love,
Kristin

1 comments:

deb mills said...

wow! gorgeous flower colors, kristin. denny is the best! he's so wonderful to work with and is so creative. good choice.