CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Planning Bliss

Well, I tried really hard to temporarily refrain from thinking anything planning-related over the holidays, so that I could just enjoy the holidays and put all of the planning funness off until the new year.

I must say I was pretty sucessful with this notion... However, the new year has finally arrived, and I'm still not really any farther along with my wedding plans. I am actively searching for the perfect invitation at the moment. I've come across everything from super expensive invitations ($800+ for 100 invites!) to eco-friendly handmade invitations... and several in between. There's the kind that you buy and print yourself... or the kind that fold up and don't require envelopes... or the kind that present all of the wedding information in a small portfolio format. Most of my searching until now has been online. I'm somewhat apprehensive about ordering online, though, because I'd much rather see the invitation in person before I order. Does anyone know of vendors around town that may sell/print wedding invitations?

For favors, I came across a really neat idea that I've fallen in love with. It's actually quite the "sweet" idea... hehe. I'm going to buy mini glass jars of honey to give as favors to all of the guests. I'm going to remove the original label and replace it with something that says "Meant to Bee, Kristin & Jason 10/18/08". I love the idea of an edible favor, because I would rather give my guests something that they can take home and ENJOY, not just throw away once they walk in the door.

I've also decided to add another attendant to my bridal party. I've asked my dear friend and confidant Melody to be a bridesmaid, as well. Initially our intention was to keep the wedding party within the family, however it seems silly to me to not include someone who I am so close to. So as of now, our sides are uneven... I have 5 attendants, Jason has 4. But oh well! There are no rules that say it HAS to be even. Melody will also be playing the piano for a few numbers during the ceremony.

The bridesmaids gowns have been selected. The girls will be wearing wine colored chiffon gowns. My maid of honor, Beth, will be wearing a halter-style gown, and the rest of the girls will be wearing a strapless number in the same color. My girls are going to look great!

Jason has decided that he would like Pastor Ken to preach a sermon during the ceremony. Nothing long... maybe 20 minutes at the most. I talked with PK and he said that he has done this in the past by "tastefully interlacing" the message throughout the ceremony. I'm so glad that Jason is giving me his input for the wedding. It's going to be such a special day for us! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... Operation Wedding Weight is in full swing and I've lost 6 pounds! 24 more to go until I reach my goal. WOOHOO!

I believe that's all for now. I'll keep everyone posted as I make more planning progress!!! :)

Love & Hugs
kms

0 comments: